Information Specialist - Support
The primary responsibility for the Information Specialist – Support position is to provide assistance to users of Information Technology (IT) within ArcBest®, its subsidiaries, and outside customers.
Functions of the Information Specialist - Support position include:
- Configure, install, monitor and maintain IT users' desktop/laptop/tablet/smartphone software and hardware; support mobile workforce.
- Provide consultation to IT users for all aspects of end-user computing and desktop-based software.
- Provide technical support and guidance through Tier 2.
- Responsible for documenting solutions to problems.
- Assist in testing and evaluating new operating systems (OS) and programs for the corporate environment.
- Assist in maintaining testing environment for OS patches and upgrades.
- Assist in maintaining testing and implementation of new technologies.
- Assist in system wide software and OS upgrades and conversions.
- Install and maintain anti-virus and firewall applications.
- Install and support remote access including wired/wireless router configuration, VPN, RSA SecureID, and Remote Desktop Connection.
- Assist in testing packaged software and upgrades to speed installations and to create silent, unattended installs.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- Provide occasional 24/7 on-call support for end users.
A four-year college degree in Information Systems or equivalent field is preferred, as well as at least one year of experience in a related field. Other qualifications include:
- Comprehensive knowledge of PC hardware and software, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of network technologies and troubleshooting device connectivity.
- Broad understanding of smartphones and tablets.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong customer service experience.
- Ability to quickly research, assimilate, and utilize new technology.
Each new employee is assigned a trainer. The trainer is highly knowledgeable in the applications used by a specific business segment as well as personnel that will become the Information Specialist's customers. The trainer will provide the new employee guidance and direction on any projects assigned.